A typical cross-functional challenge in an organization is the collaboration along the product development process, particularly in the ramp-up phase. From the initial phase, departments such as product management, marketing, engineering, and finance need to be aligned with the business case and specifications. Nevertheless, functions such as manufacturing, engineering, service, procurement, supply chain, and quality also need to be involved quickly and increasingly take over as the product enters the market. Market leaders outperform their competitors by up to 30% faster time-to-market with lower development costs from efficient synchronization of their functions at key milestones. Furthermore, a well-managed ramp-up curve accelerates top-line generation.
"I will call CYLAD again when I need a very flexible team that can crack complex problems with feasibility for implementation in mind."
Head of Service of an Industrial Electronics OEM
- Benchmarks on product development process regarding structure and duration
- Best practice in product development process regarding cross-functional synchronization
- Blueprints for governance to manage all functions from product definition to market entry
- Cross-functional assessment of the organization for ramp-up readiness
- Battle-proven approaches for hands-on, ramp-up management
Greenfield redefinition of product development process and governance for an international car manufacturer
Optimization of product development process for new development of transportation aircraft