A successful industrial strategy integrates three aspects: the choice of the location, a successful make-or-buy strategy, and a consistent approach for supplier collaboration. While both industrial location and make-or-buy strategy are closely linked to the core competencies and technologies of the company, an optimized supplier collaboration increases operational efficiency and profitability. The correct decisions on those three aspects can improve the overall business profitability by a factor of two or more.
"Good work, no politics: I have always been very satisfied with CYLAD’s work."
Head of Quality in the Aviation Industry
Typical questions we face:Is my investment plan consistent with the competencies/technologies I want to preserve and develop?
Typical questions we face:Are the localization and sizing of my assets consistent with requirements for operational efficiency?
Typical questions we face:Is my make-or-buy strategy state-of-the-art or do I have to rebalance it?
Typical questions we face:How can I increase or secure my current flexibility to react to changes in the market environment?
Typical questions we face:What is the right governance approach for collaboration with suppliers?
Typical questions we face:What are my strengths and opportunities for improvement when collaborating with suppliers?
- Location and supply chain quick-diagnostic tools (maturity checklist, flash analysis guide)
- CYLAD training modules on production planning, performance management and inventory management
- Practice-Proven approach to assess the current make-or-buy strategy and areas for improvement
- Three-step approach for make-or-buy projects: define top-down strategic objective, develop bottom-up practical measures, structure implementation
- Full toolkit on best practices for supplier collaboration
Adaptation of the industrial footprint of an aerospace program in a ramp-down context (-15% surface used)
Make-or-buy strategy definition and identification of core and non core activities for outsourcing of a train manufacturer